Tuesday, February 6, 2007

A bit of a party...

Here's a quick update... As I said, last week was the start of the term, and now I'm in the groove. First week, first book down. Last Saturday I took a course in Biblical Research, learning how to read various biblical study tools... good things to know, but it ate up my Saturday. This weekend I don't think there is anything but Feast Night at school.

So Starr King doesn't have a big pile of traditions, but one happened last week, the "Mustache Party". The rule was that everyone had to come with facial hair, or similar. Judging was going to be in 4 categories: Fisherman, Mister Potato Head, Fantasy and overall.

Here I am, being a hairy fisherman:

The costume consisted of ink-jet printed fishing lures, held onto the hat with safety pins. And yes, that's mascara darkening the facial hair.

I came in second in the fisherman category, but, probably out of pity, I won the Mister Potato Head category, and came home with a lovely Sigmund Freud action figure!

Not bad for a 30-minute costume.

No comments: