Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Well, not quite PKs...

The soon-to-be-released movie "Preacher's Sons" (http://preacherssons.com/) is going to be interesting, and, I think, wonderful.

The name is a play on the term "PK", meaning "preacher's kids". Perhaps you know some of them... I knew one or two when I was growing up. They have two lives they must live, the public one related to their parent, and then, there is their life. It's a heavy burden. I knew one who was perfection itself-- football, public speaking-- but to look in his eyes was the only way to see the him that was inside. Another PK was wild, played electric guitar, etc.

So now we have Stillman and Greg's kids-- all adopted-- all former foster kids. What's inspiring to me is that being a PK is a step up for them.

So I am looking forward to seeing it this autumn.

No comments: