Saturday, January 19, 2008

ARE YOU HUNGRY?

Yea, I knew you were in the mood for Chicken and Waffles too! And where better to get them than Oakland California, at "The Home of Chicken and Waffles"??



So my friend John agreed to show me one of the Oakland hotspots, in exchange for lunch. We jumped into his GTI and headed down to Jack London Square.



No, not to build a fire, but to eat chicken! Here's John showing you the history of the eatery...



It seems it started way back in 2004.. as part of the Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles chain. But then they went independent and 'upscale'! I think there's now a Roscoe's in New Brunswick, NJ, but I didn't make it there, saving myself for Oakland.

To order, you can just look at the wall: I got a Lord BJ's...



And John got something light... with Mac&Cheese instead of the grits...



It's a great place, if you like trains...



Even if you like passenger trains...



Another wonder of Jack London Square is the Star Wars creatures...



It seems George Lucas lived in Oakland for a while, and his imagination ran wild.

And speaking of imagination... we spotted this futuristic item on the way back to John's VW...



I guess they are now for sale! I better put my order in... if I fit in it. There's a SmartUSA dealer in SF.

John dropped me off back in Berkeley, and then went to shop for diet books. Time to do some serious digesting!
-Charlie

No comments: