Monday, October 5, 2009

Gretna Heritage Festival 2009- Friday

A Health Food Moment...


Come along on my adventures at the Gretna Heritage Festival, across the Mississippi from New Orleans... This was Friday.

Lots of choices available:

Folks brought chairs and had a party...

Booths were manned by local charities and local eateries...

These were tempting.

I ended up eating a crawfish pistolet... not bad!


Of course the reason for the Festival was music. My friend Robert and I did see several acts, including:

Anders Osborne:



And Home-town favorite Cowboy Mouth:

I had seen Cowboy Mouth in San Francisco this past spring. In SF they did a song "take me back to New Orleans" which was really wonderful. They didn't do it during the concert, and I hoped they would do it for the encore. Instead they did a fantastic job on "Won't Get Fooled Again" which was an interesting comment on the ever-present topic.

And then, ears ringing, we drove back across the toll bridge to New Orleans.

No comments: