Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Another cold day of destruction!

Just a quick report today... I have to get up early tomorrow, as today we finished the site near where I am staying.

Once again, I worked with ACORN:



The house we were working on was across the street from an unused elementary school... so much of the city is simply missing, that schools are sitting idle. This is a view of the entryway floor:



Today the bicycle people didn't show, but Sharon(?) did. She's from Maine... "oh, you must know Nick and Beth!", "Why yes, I do!"

So why do the Canadians get offended when I assume they know everyone else in Canada?


The site was so close, I walked there, and walked part of the way home, pausing to take a picture of a bird.


It looks like Sharon, who was down over Thanksgiving, and George, a plumber friend who will also be working with ACORN, will end up at the church too.. I had dinner with them at Voo Doo BBQ, which was actually great... though the building was cold (it's chilly out there!)

No comments: